General Health Community
Headaches, Crazy thirsty, fatigue? Doc said tests checked out?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Okay, so about 2 weeks ago I started to feel more tired than usual, just worn out easily. A week ago I had a very bad migraine (I'm guessing that's what it was I never get headaches or migraines) that lasted about 24 hrs. I was nauseous and wanted to cut my head off, worst headache OF MY LIFE. Since then I've had a mild headache that hasn't gone away.
About 4 days ago, I started to get very thirsty, and began urinating frequently, like every hour at least. I've been chugging water like crazy (1-2 gallons a day) and still thirsty so yesterday I went to urgent care. The doc said my urine was totally fine and my blood work came back perfect, blood sugar fine, electrolytes all where they should be. She said she would run thyroid and one other test and sent me home but told me to follow up with my primary care doc.
She called today and thyroid is fine, as was the other test. I told her I can't get into my primary doc til next Friday, and she said if my condition got worse to go back to urgent.
Today I still had all the aforementioned problems and felt a little feverish and kinda unfocused, had trouble concentrating. Haven't gone back to urgent yet but wanted to see if anyone has any idea what may be causing this?
Im an 18 year old white female, no meds and in good health. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have anything that is ran off of Gas?
In the home? No, we haven't had heat on yet and our stove is electric. I live with my dad in a apartment.
The symptoms you have are very similar to diabetes. I know your single blood sugar test was normal but you could get a glucose tolerance test. As for the headache with these symptoms, was the headache on one side of your head? I get migraines so I know how they feel.  Was the blood sugar fasting? I would think the urine test would have showed up positive for sugar also. Any other symptoms you can think of ?
mkh9
Yea I go to my doc on Friday so I may see if they'll do the A1c test. Itd been about 4-5 hours since I ate when they took the blood but I know fasting is usually 8. The migraine I had was both sides and slowly progressed to one side, I've noticed it's mostly been on my right side since. No other symptoms really, just that I've been getting more spacey, like losing thought mid-sentence, having a hard time focusing. And after I eat I've felt nauseous.
The headache and focusing can be a diabetic thing. Glad you are getting A1C test too. Also, have you hit your head?  Glad you are going in. Can they take you in sooner? If this isn't diabetes, you might think of a neurologist because of the migraine like symptoms and focusing problem and nausea. I had these symptoms minus the thrist and urinary problem and they gave me a brain CT to double check problems there. I was normal but I had hit my head a few years earlier with a very heavy object. But, the symptoms sound diabetic. Let me know how the visit goes ok?
mkh9
No memorable head injuries, recent or not. Friday was soonest they could take me but I'm going to call in the morning when they open for the week just to check that there were no cancellations. I agree everything still points back to it being diabetes. Thanks for the input I'll let you know how it goes.
Ok, glad you are going in. I hope you feel better soon and they can figure this out.
take care,
Mkh9