General Health Community
Headaches, Dizziness, Multiple Bowel Movements etc.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Hi!  I have been having what I call "episodes" for over a year now with many drs visits and no answers.  It starts with a headache (i have them daily/pressure type) and then I feel dizzy.  Sometimes I will get a feeling that my body is on fire inside.  This usually leads to multiple bowel movements and then BOOM it hits.  I have had episodes where I am unable to talk and my hands will tremble.  My legs will feel like they are "drawing up".  I do have problems with vertigo in the car but also have found it to happen in other situations.  I take a beta blocker to help regulate my heart beat and lexapro.  Any ideas on what this could be?  It happens two times a week or more and has affected my job and home life.  I have had multiple er visits and they have found nothing.  MRI, Cat scan etc and nothing.  I eat a healthy diet but do eat some sweets.  I drink decaf tea and water and limit carbonation to one to two a week.  I do have trouble sleeping both falling asleep and staying asleep. I do have an appt for a colonoscopy in two weeks and am hoping this will lead to an answer for the multiple bowel movements.  Thanks for listening!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Since all your investigations have been normal is possible that medications you have been taking could be causing these symptoms. The common side effects of beta blockers are abnormal weakness and fatigue, cold feet and/or hands, difficulty concentrating, whirling sensations, decreased interest in normal activities and vertigo.Lexapro can cause panic attacks, constipation dizziness, and irregular heartbeats as its side effects. An ENT examination may be necessary for determining the cause of vertigo. Hyperthyroidism can lead to many bowel movements and symptoms experienced by you. It is best to get a thyroid function test done. Other causes of increased bowel frequency are Irritable bowel syndrome, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis etc.Discuss with your doctor about above mentioned possibilities. Do write to me again about the colonoscopy results. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
that is a good thing.  the lower intestines could give you a lot  of side effects that you have mentioned. I too have bad headaches.  and have dizzy spells.  I went shopping with a friend and I told her I didn't feel right I passed out I thought 2 times she said it was 4 times.  the last time I tried ti get up the manager told me to stay down.  he lifted me into a wheel chair.  she took me home and we have not been shopping again.  I was not eating properly.  my mom  had recently passed away.  and I was really depressed.cmandy876