Health problems wrecking my looks. I am sad.
I am going through early menopause; I have a drink problem started aged 16; I experience high emotional distress due to Borderline Personality Disorder; I've had eating problems since I was 16-Anorexia then Bulimia now a mix of the various types of eating disorder which includes compulsive binge eating and excessive excercise.  My looks are important to me, however at 35 I'm getting dry skin, sore eyes, pain in my chest, bloated stomach, loose skin on my body which my partner says isn't fat, grey hair, bleeding gums.  My looks are going to pot!  PLEASE HELP ME.  Beanie
Dear Beanie,

Some of your symptoms sound related to the alcoholism, such as the bloated stomach, chest pain, sore eyes and dry skin. Excessive alcohol use causes your body to rid itself of water, leading to dehydration. Dehydration can lead to the dry skin and the sore eyes. Since you also excersize excessively, you could be dangerously dehydrating your body. Early gray hair can be hereditary, or it could be from excessive stress as well as consuming too many uppers. Not sure if this applies to you, but if you drink alot, you may need a pick me up the following day to get through life. So it might. Bleeding gums can be from poor nutrition and also from gum disease. Alot of your symptoms could be a result of poor nutrition. Unfortunately, alcohol does alot of harm to our bodies, when we rink to much. Along with the water loss, your body will alos eliminate alot of the vitamins. I think it sounds like you know what the problem is. You have to stop drinking, and give your body a chance to heal. You may also need to get on a really good multivitamin and possibly some probiotics to help with the bloated stomach. You may have some digestive problems from the earlier binging, bulimia and anorexia; probiotics can really help. You should ask your doctor to help you get on a good nutritional regime. Its always easier said than done, I understand that. Sometimes we have to find a breaking point before we start to make necessary changes in our lives for the better. Best wishes to you, Good luck!