General Health Community
Heartburn

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Heartburn

I have suffered now for 20 years with heartburn. I have had numerous scopes and the most current scopes found that I had raw patches in my stomach and espholitis in my throat. Literally my throat was ulcerated all the way down the esophagus. I was told by the specialist that if I didnt get this treated that in a year or less I could have barrets esophagus. Nothing that I have taken helps my heartburn, and I have taken Gi cocktails, and every perscription there is for stomach problems. I do have a hietal hernia. My specialist said that I would be a good canidate to have my hernia fixed because of all the erossion I have. The problem is that my doctor doesnt get it. He will not even refer me back to the specialist after all the scopes and test the specialist done. It is like he thinks know one can treat me but him. I am suffering so bad that I can barely eat, everything gives me heartburn now even water. I am up all night long with heartburn that hurts so bad that I vomit. I keep a diareah and just have an over all feeling of not well. What can I do? I am so desperate. I have got to the point that when I swallow now it causes sever pain and burning in my throat. The burning never goes away it is 24/7. Thanks, desperate in Berea Kentucky.

This discussion is related to throat burns.