General Health Community
Help! Knee tendon keeps slipping! No forum for joints/tendons

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Whenever my knee is bent and I rotate my foot clockwise something gets messed up in my knee. It gets stiff and starts to hurt like hell. I can just feel the tension on one of the tendons in there is holding it in a half bent position. Though the reason for the shortness of it is because it seems to slip out of place. So... I force myself to strengthen my leg, even though it is VERY painful. And then somewhere along the way while I'm straightening my leg I hear a pop and the pain imediately stops. (I guess it's popping back in place lol) the pop seems to be in the right side of my knee. And somehow the tendon feels connected to the top of my femur. So I'm guessing it's my MCL? Afture it snaps in place it will hurt for a few minutes but within about 10 the pain is completely gone, and my leg plenty flexible.(pain is in back of knee.)

It's really annoying to have this. It's happened at the least once a day, for the past 2 weeks. Even in my sleep it happens!!!! Ow! I can feel when it's in danger of slipping out out of place, though I can't tell when it has slipped out of place. So its usually already slipped before I can not bend my leg anymore.

Every day I don't bend my leg in fear that if I do it's just going to get out of place again... I don't wanna embarrace myself in shcool diving over stretching my leg out screaming motherf***er!!!!!

I'm really scared because skiing is thing and if I can't ski anymore, well than f***. Probably the reason why it's messed up in the first place though lol.
So what could be wrong? Should I go to a doc or try and heal it myself. I'm young (15)
There is an orthopedic sports injury forum on the expert side and there is a Ortho pedics on the members forums .I can imagine how it hurts ,its obvious that you should pay a visit to the doctor ..good luck
Ok thanks.

Sorry that the obove post was kind of incoherent. I was in a hurry :p
Above, Lolz.
And I don't mean yours margey... -_-

I have the same issue with my right leg. It  happen 3 times in the past month. The pain is excrutiating. Firsdt time I just strighted up my foot. Second  time my 15 year old forced in back in (I heard a pop - and I was fine) the pain whent away. Third time I could not do anyrhing I  ended up at the hospital ememrgency paied a load full of  money and Kaiser said I am OK gave me a Motrin and sent me home. The X-tray did not show disclocation. I am still in bad roling in pain and agony. It still hurts. I cannot walk at all. Only jusm in one foot.
I think the ligament is the problem, but I don't know how to snap it back in place (if it is such a thing)
Omg I have this same problem and it hurts like HELL, I'm only 13, I can't wait until I find someone who has found a fix to this.  Currently, I try to keep my leg straight, and try to avoid bending it more than 90 degrees. And how ironic that it was posted on my birthday!
I hope you finally got it to pop back into place!

My wife has this with her left leg.  We found she has to bend her knee (to stretch it, she says).  Then we slowly extend her leg very slowly (and very painfully) and then once it's at the maximum I pull on her leg a bit (not sure this helps, but it doesn't hurt her).  

Then, I start to rotate the leg to the left (outward), and then *POP* - it's goes back in. I immediately know it's back in from the vibration and the sound.  

This has happened several times.  Before we knew the secret to popping it back in, the ER took x-rays and said she was fine and was going to send her home but accidentally popped it back in.  An acupuncturist/Chinese doctor said the same thing, and I was able to pop it back in accidentally, but then we made a point to remember what we did so we could do it again the next time.  

I'm looking to see what the cure is, since the doctors don't seem to think it's not a problem, but while it's "out" she can't walk, and can only extend her leg with much pain.  
I have had this happen off and on for over a year, went to the orthapedic doctor he did xrays will not show in the back of the knee so did an MRI said something about miniskus and a flap and unless it is affecting my daily life and functioning he didnt recommend surgery because he would have to remove the whole thing that was over 6 months ago then was careful to avoid it slipping out because my daughter is the only person that seems to be able to get it to go back in she has me lay on the floor she stretches my leg out while I scream as it feels like a dislocated shoulder then she pushes downward and we hear it pop which the surgeon thought was crazy anyway the other day the firemen came because it slipped out and my daughter couldnt get it in this time me in the ambulance at the emergency room screaming while they did xrays that I already told them would not show the problem and of course it didnt show that anything was out of place my daughter tried again and this time it went in and they referred me back to the ortho doc, so Im going to get a second opinion form a different ortho doctor and will update all of you since now I know there are others that have this too
I hear ya man. So far i haven't had it as bad as you guys yet! (thank God for that). The first time It happened it scare the sh#t out of me (it's like the nerves pinch together . When it happened with my left knee, the knee tend to cave inward to my right knee. The strength was reduce, leaving it prone to happen again (3 times before one night). I've been thinking to go see a orthopedic but i don't know if I'll have much results either from what I've heard from you guys, seeing as though the doctors can't find anything wrong.
I have the same problem, the first few was in bed when i twisted it quickly and the 3rd time i was getting into my car, I usually sit there for 45 mins in pain till something in me relaxes, to be honest i pray really hard haha then cry, then i rest and it comes free. One thing i found works is to get my boyfriend to hold my leg while i let it drop (the muscles are stressed so it makes it more painful if you try to use your leg) so i get him to straighten it out while i try my hardest not to use my leg or do it myself...however when you are alone it is harder, in my car (people around eek) i just let it drop out of the side of my car and it popped back in when i relaxed it too the ground and tried to stand on it lightly, the main key is not to stress its just a bit of skin or muscle that gets stuck between the bones ( my dad says as he is a scientist ) oh and BREATH, calm down makes the pain go away!
hey I really need helping with popping mine in if you or anyone else could email me on how they have done it in the past I would be very thankful ***@****
I am currently stuck at my dining room table with the same problem. The pain is excruciating. The last time it popped out in a fast food drive through. My wife had to come from work to help me because i could not pop it back in place. Whenever i tilt my left leg to the left it will pop out of place. What is this??? Ligament damage? It started after I hurt it playing basketball. It has been scoped before. I hope I can get it back into place without passing out. :-)
Did you ever get a diagnosis with what was happening to your knee? I have the same problem. I have seen one doctor so far, not going back to him real Jackass. I will be getting an MRI because he thinks I have a torn meniscus, I don't believe he heard what I was explaining to him at all.  
This has been happening to me since I was in middle school!! I remember the first time. I was squatting down in front of my locker and something felt like it snapped into the wrong place behind my knee. The pain was unbearable and I was absolutely terrified to straighten my leg! Classes started and I was left paralyzed on the floor in the hallway until a teacher found me. I can't say it was from an injury because it happens to both knees :( And always only happens when I crouch or squat down. Eventually I get the guts to straighten my leg (or my husband has to do it for me if it's real bad) and pop it back in. It's never happened in my sleep so I'm not sure if what is happening to me is the same as everyone else on this thread. I would love a diagnoses or a "cure" but I'm just really frigging happy to know I'm not alone in this. Ugh. I hope someone will keep us all posted if they find out what it is or what causes it!!
For anyone still keeping tabs on this forum I am almost positive I found a name for this problem. It's called Plica Syndrome. There is good information on Wikipedia about it.