Help with bad infection.
My mum got what the doctors suspect is an infected bite (ant or spider) and the infection has me worried partly because she's been taking the antibiotics and the infection seem to be worsening and also because she's suddenly become frail mentally/emotionally wise and this infection isn't helping anything. At first the bite was spreading like a rash but we couldn't get any pus to drain from the hard formation even with the antibiotics. Took her to the docs and they cut it open but still nothing drained. They just advised that we sit back and let it drain on its own and continue the antibiotics. My main issue is that was three days ago and her wound is still open and bleeding and the hard formation is spreading. We change her bandage constantly but I wasn't advised as of how to care for her wound. Should I Keep cleaning it with peroxide or just leave it alone and let it take it course. I'm seriously frustrated that this thing seems to get worse despite our best efforts and the drugs. I need to know what to look for, how to care for this and what is 'normal' when healing.
Use salt on the wound to draw the poison out and have her drink milk.  We get scorpion stings here all the time and that's what we do.  First wipe the wound with vinegar, then put a compress with salt water on it and tape it on.  it should draw out the venom and she should start getting better.  So sorry this happened to your Mom.
Please take your Mom to get a second opinion.  It is not possible to know what caused the bite, but the problem is that the result is getting worse and not better.  The swelling shows that the bite has caused an allergic reaction.   If the pus was present, I would think it was a staph infection.  Even though it might not be a staph infection, the fact that it is getting bigger could mean that more and more of her skin, tissue, muscle, could suffer from irreversible damage.  If she is feeling poorly that could mean an infection is spreading that the current course of antibiotics is not healing.  Please get a second opinion. Your Mom deserves a second look. Best of luck