General Health Community
Hida

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Hida

Is there truly a shortage of the dye used for this test?  Is there a different test?  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HIDA scan of the gallbladder may be done when a gallbladder disorder is suspected but no gallstones are found by an ultrasonography.A HIDA scan creates pictures of your liver, gallbladder, bile ducts and small intestine and is quite useful in diagnosing gall bladder problems. It is useful in diagnosing stones in the gallbladder ,obstruction in the cystic duct , obstruction of the common bile duct, bile leakage and  Biliary dyskinesia.Which investigation will be helpful to you depends on your clinical symptoms. It is best to discuss it with your attending doctor and clarify your concerns and queries. Keep me posted with more queries.
Best luck and regards!
Late reply, but I had a HIDA scan last month and they were out of CCK and gave me a bottle of Ensure instead. Not sure how accurate that was since my results went form 70% a year ago to 81% this time and I'm in more pain than ever.