High GOT & GPT in blood test
I was wondering if you could help. My husband has just received blood test rsults after a routine blood test.
His GPT is high at104 (it says normal is 5-40) & GOT is also high at 48 (it say normal is 5-39). I have been looking on the net at it seems to be connected with liver disease. The doctor has said he has to stop drinking apart from the occasional beer & also stop fatty foods such as chocolate. He does normally drink but only once a week.  I can understand that he has to stop drinking if its causing liver disease but why no chocolate?
Also he has raised uric acid: 8.3 when it should be 2.4 - 5.7. What is this caused by?
Finally his HDL colesterol is low at 42 when it says normal is 45-75. I see this is to do with the heart.
Are all the above related?
I cant really get more info from the doctor as I live in Spain & my spanish isnt great when it comes to medical terms so I would be greatful if anyone can give me more info.
Thanks in advance
The alcohol intake can explain all this. Please have him stop. There are other causes of mild liver enzyme elevation. I still put alcohol at the top of the list.