High RBC, Low MCV and MCH
I have been complaining of weakness (legs and arms), headaches, dizziness, fatigue, night sweats, stomach pains, kidney pains (also kidney stones), red blotches on face (periodically) for the past 5 yrs and progressively feeling worse.  I move often, and have to see new Dr's.  They always start the process of trying to figure out what could be causing my symptoms, but after a few visits and blood test, I get the same diagnosis "depression".  I dont think its the right diagnosis, since I feel happy.  I just cant understand why I tire so easily, my family feels that there is something wrong and its not depression. But I thought I try the anti-depressant prescribed.  After only taking it 5 days, I went from happy to numb, and laid in bed all day. Not even in my worst pain and weakness did I ever laid in bed all day.  I took myself of the anti-depress med, and never went back to Dr.  I have kept record of 2 yrs worth of blood test results and noticed that in all of the test I have a high RBC, Low MCV and MCH.  Does anyone have any suggestions of what this means, if anything at all?  I just dont think it's depression.  I just turned 38, I'm 5' 1", 105lbs. Dont smoke or drink, live in sunny CA and excersice whenever I have enough strength (I used to teach Aerobics).
WBC   5.9
RBC   (H) 6.4
Hemoglobin  (H)16.1
Hematocrit (H) 49.1  
MCV  (L) 76.8  
MCH  (L) 25.2
MCHC  32.8
RDW  15.3
Plateletes  285  
MPV   9.3

Hey,

I know it's 6 years later but I've been having the same symptoms and bloos results and started searching online. So far Im thinking it might be Polycythemia Vera or some sort of that. Definitly not depression like my doctor suggested and no thyroid problems.

After all this time. Were you diagnosed with something?
A family member of mine has these same symptoms and they can't find out what's wrong.. Anyone get a diagnosis?
Hi, have you had your cortisol levels checked? They do not check these as a standard practice. You may also want to have a pelvic ct or Mri to check for Gyno issues. I had similar probs, totally happy, then totally bed ridden. They stumbled on adrenal insufficiency and pelvic congestion totally by accident. They really should check your vitamin b-12 levels as they don't usually check that either unless you ask. I also have that and can tell you, that affects so much, neurologically, low energy, brain fog, headaches ect. Hope this might help you.....these are just some things Drs never think to look at. Good luck!