General Health Community
Hyperthyroid and swollen lymph nodes in under arm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Recently my blood test result showed TSH is high, Calcium is high. Off-late I started feeling few swollen lymphnodes in my under arm on both the hands.
My doctor has asked me to go for thyroid scan and chest xray. I'm yet to tell him about swollen lymph nodes.

Do you think this may be related due to thyroid? Please suggest.
Hi KS,

I am sorry to hear bout your abnormal lab findings. Normally swollen lymph glands are an indication of an infection or a virus or sometimes even inflammation. There are other reasons for these glands to swell but these are the main ones.

I would certainly advise your PCP about your swollen glands. Yes there are conditions of the thyroid that can cause your lymph glands to become swollen and even tender. I do not know if this is the reason for what you are feeling but I would certainly discuss it with my PCP.

Best of luck to you. I hope you will soon be feeling better. Please let us know how you are doing.

Take Care,
Tuck