Hypoglycemia
Ok. I just recently found out that I'm hypoglycemic. I have a pretty good primary Doctor. But I want a second opinion. She said that with my hypoglycemia, I have the symptoms, but don't need medicine for it, I just need to eat every 2 to 3 hours. So, is that right? Do some hypoglycemics not need medicine to control it? Also, I'm terrified that I will go into a coma or have seizures...so, what can cause these things to happen and is there anything else I need to know about hypoglycemia?
There are no medicines that are normally prescribed for hypoglycemia.  There are glucose tabs that you can take as you feel your sugar is too low if you cannot eat at that time.  She is correct.  I would not recommend seeking a second opinion for this.  Make sure you eat at regular times everyday.  
I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia nearly 20 years ago after the birth of my son.  I was having " black outs."...very sudden fainting, however you want to put it...it scared me to death.   I had a Dr tell me that I was having "anxiety attacks"  but I refused to believe that and  I finally found a Dr that would do a glucose tolerance test.  My blood sugar dropped to 45 during the test.  You feel light headed, irritable, weak, foggy brained....etc.  You will learn to recognize the symptoms.  I never needed medication.  Stay away from sugar...this can make your blood sugar spike then crash.  Proteins will bring your blood sugar up and keep it more stable.  I would keep peanut butter and crackers with me, peanuts, sweet and salty bars, granola etc.   My father is diabetic and I was told that there may be a connection or that my hypoglycemia may turn inton diabetes later on in life.  I am now 41 and have very little problem controlling my blood sugar and I still do not take medication for it.  Don't be alarmed...it is a very controllable condition.  Keep an eye on your thyroid as this may be part of a thyroid issue but you can handle this.