IRON DEFICIENY ANEMIA AND FOLATE DEFICIENCY
Hello I have posted several times on this site, but havent had any real response. I am a 38 year old female 2 yr post gastric bypass surgery. I have very low blood counts, ferritin of 2 and folate of 2. Had a endo and colon both negative. Had hystorectomy to stem blood loss.  Diagnosed with Severe Iron Deficieny Anemia. I have had 1 full course of Iron Infusion Therapy 8 total during April and May of this year. Had the Hysto, in July, now it is Sept and need another full course of Iron for another 8 weeks. I get monthly B12 shots and Thiamine.
I also have chest pains, severe headaches, memory loss and trouble concentrating. Lately i notice I have been mixing up my words. This is really frustrating I had the surgery to get better now since I lost the weight I feel sick, tired and weak all the time. I have not noticed the infusions helping at all. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Kathy
It's not uncommon to have vitamin deficiencies after gastric bypass surgery. I would recommend a good natural multi vitamin and ask your Dr if you can add a B-Complex.
Are you taking any hormone replacement since the hysterectomy? If your hormones are out of balance it can cause the symptoms you described. Ask your Dr to check your hormone levels. I hope this helps you some. Take care. Remar
Are you seeing a Hematologist?  Hematology is a specialty that deals with blood disorders.  The symptoms you are having definitely sound related to Anemia.  
I was just curious to find out if your hemoglobin is still low.  I also was diagnosed with severe iron deficient anemia  a few years ago.  At that time my hemoglobin and iron were also low.  My ferritin and folate were only 3.  I had a hysterectomy to help correct this June 2007.  Presently my hemoglobin has been good but I have an increased RBC count and RDW and then my MCH, MCV, MCHV, iron and folate levels still continue to be low.  But when I called about my blood results I was told everything was normal.  This is why I always ask for a copy of my blood test.  So I guess I was just wondering if you can be considered iron deficient anemic if your iron and folate are super low but your Hemoglobin is normal????????
Thanks,
Darsi