General Health Community
Internal shaking feeling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Internal shaking feeling

HI!  I have had a feeling of internal shaking while laying down or sleeping for almost three years now.  My thyroid levels are on the normal to high cusp, so my dr has ruled that out.  She thinks I am crazy I think.  I have told her every appointment about this issue, because it freaks me out, and her response is " I have never heard of that before".  She has conducted no tests except for the thyroid blood test.  I have seen a couple similar posts and am wondering what in the world is going on with me!  I know the sooner you catch things the better, and I feel like this has gone on far too long!  Please help!  Thank you for your time!
Sincerely, Chrissy
I don't know if you have anxiety or not but when I get real anxious I feel shaky inside. Also my Aunt who is also on thyroid medicine ( I am too) says when her dose is changed, she gets shaky for a while until her body gets used to the new dose. Hope this helps a little
What are you taking as even some supplements can do this I have had it when I was taking perscription meds,
Unfortunately I am not taking anything.  I wish I was so that could be the answer.  A lot of people with Thyroid issues say they have similar feelings, but my Dr swears that my thyroid is fine?!  No constant anxiety either, here and there but not nothing to really speak of.  When I am feeling it, you really can't see it.  I am not tremoring, though it feels like it internally.  Thanks for your ideas!!
Avatar n tn
You are not crazy. I have them too. I've tried for a long time to find out what it is and get the same result from the docs. If I sleep for a short period of time and suddenly wake I will have those internal tremors and visually see them too for up to a minute. It's frightening really. Ugh, I hate those arrogant docs who think if they don't know what is wrong with you it's in your head. Sorry you are having problems and that I have no answers either
Don
Low blood sugar (Hypoglaecemia ) can also cause the internal tremors.. try eating something and see if it makes you feel better.
What kind of thyroid tests have you had??  What's normal for some causes symptoms in others and from what I have learned here, a TSH level really doesn't tell the whole story of what's going on with your thyroid...check out the thyroid forum here on MH and google symptoms of thyroid dysfunction...also, have you had your blood sugar tested??  As Margy said, low blood sugar will make you shake, but, for me it's not just on the inside, it's visible and I sweat profusely, get disoriented and crazy as it sounds during all that, I am absolutely starving...I have Type 2 Diabetes...do you have extreme thirst or frequent urination...those are a couple of symptoms of Diabetes also...if your doctor never heard of shaking internally maybe it's time to find a new one...one that will listen and try to figure out what's going on...good luck...keep us posted :)
You are not crazy!  I have the shaky thing too.  To me it feels like having a tiny vibrating mobile phone inside me.  I get the vibrating shaking feeling mainly lying down, but it can happen sitting up.  It was strongest and most frequent when I was pregnant - mainly first trimester but all the way through.  My friend also had this feeling when pregnant.  My midwife had experienced similar too.  My youngest is 9 months and I get the feeling now in my thorax rather than pelvis.  I suspect it is small muscle tremors maybe due to low calcium and magnesium levels....anyone else have any ideas?
Sorry to hear about the way you are being treated by your physician.  Personally, I would be finding a physician that is willing to take your concerns seriously and find answers for you.  Have you ever seen an endocrinologist?  They specialize in dysfunction of the throid, pancreas, etc.  Give it a try.  
I've had the internal shaking on and off for a few years.  I notice it happens when I'm not feeling well.  Not every time I'm sick, but it only happens if I'm fighting something off.  My heart feels like I have palpitations and/or its beating weird, but it really isn't.  Freaks me out, but now I take a deep breath and know that it will go away when I'm feeling better.  So if my diet is all out of whack, and I'm not sleeping well or stressed out, then my immune system weakens.  I pick up something and about 50% of the time I'll get the weird shaking and heart thing.  So I eat plenty of fruits and veggies, get plenty of rest, and within a few days it goes away, along with the virus.