Iron pills or liquid iron?
I was prescribed ferrous sulphate 300mg pills once a day to help bring my iron levels up. I have been having some side effects from them, such as bloating (lasting almost all day) and constantly burping. I was wondering if switching to a liquid iron (e.g floradix) would help reduce that, and if it would be the same as the pills (level wise), or if its less effective than the pills?

Also, do I need to also take b12 vitamins along with the iron supplements? My mother seems to think so, but I have no idea why I would?

Thanks!
Unless a person is really deficient in iron, I do not recommend taking it as it is hard to control, and, if you get too much, you can have numerous side effects. As to liquid or pills, well, the liquid is usually a little stronger as it gets in the system faster, so, I would say less is better, but, I would sure ask a pharmacist.

As to the B12, well, that actually takes the place of iron in some instances, and I really do not think you need it while you are taking the iron supplement. Some doctors use B12 for anemia instead of iron, it is safer and has more benefits.
My daughter had anemia for 2 years from age 1 to 3.  We were told to cook all her meat in a cast iron frying pan as a lot of iron from the pan absorbs into the food.  Red sauces such as spaghetti sauce with noodles is a great source of iron.  Drinking juice with your food instead of milk helps.  Eating cereal without milk helps.  Stay away from dairy when eating your iron rich foods.  Also, she had liquid iron to take everyday in her juice.  Vitamin C helps the body to absorb the iron.  Oatmeal has lots of iron.  

Hopefully, you will get your iron levels up to where they need to be.  Make sure to follow up with your doctor to make sure that your iron levels are increasing.  Eat right and take your iron as prescribed by your doctor.  Take care.