General Health Community
Is there something wrong with my daughter?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is there something wrong with my daughter?

My Daughter is seven years old, she jumped three clothes sizes in one month last September with no change in her eating habits. Now she has dry hair and she shakes in the morning before she eats. She is hungry all the time. We tested her blood for diabetes and thyroid at the beginning of her weight gain but the tests were negative. What should I do?

Maria
Related Discussions
363281_tn?1353103243
Well, I was going to suggest a diabetes fasting blood draw and a thyroid panel, but, I see you have done those. Has your doctor recommended a 6 hours fasting test. This is the gold standard for diabetes, it is not too fun, but, it will surely catch it, or, if it is hypoglycemia, that will be caught as well. Thyroid disorders are hard to catch, especially with just one blood draw, ask for a complete thyroid panel.  Also, here is the link to a thyroid community sponsored by our community, they are very knowledable there. http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Thyroid-Disorders/show/73  Here is a link to our Diabetes community as well.  http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Diabetes---Juvenile-Type-I/show/220 Hopefully, they will be able to shed some light on your daughters problems.

I would swear by the symptoms that it was either diabetes related or a thyroid condition. It may not hurt to get a second opinion on this.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...