General Health Community
Itchy, tingly left palm and two last fingers
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itchy, tingly left palm and two last fingers

Hello,
For the past several monthes I have had a itch i cant scratch. My left palm, pinky and ring finger, are driving me crazy. It gets red, and Itches horribly.  I have had my whole arm go numb and then cramp.  But this wont go away. A coworker thinks it might be a nerve.  Please someone any suggestions, i have insurance, but can only afford to go when its serious.  I feel like scratching it with a wire brush but nothing helps.
Thank you
april
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have been dealing with the same situation but it is with my right palm and my pinky finger.  I really dont have any redness unless it have been scratching it.  It is definitely and inner itch that cant be scratched enough.  I have seen websites that suggest it could be a symptom of something more serious like diabetes or renal disfunction.  Have you gotten any responses to your question??

Thank you,
Sarah
Blank
I am having the same problem except it is my right palm and my left middle fingertip. I mentioned this to my boss today who happens to be a podiatrist and he said it could be a disc herniation that is causing this. Not sure if this is true or not but I have been in two car accidents over my lifetime.

Something you may want to look into.

Hope it helps,

Kathy
Blank
I have the itchy plam in my left hand, and also experienced numb fingertips in my ring and middle fingers after a long road trip.
While the numbness in the fingertips eventually went away, the itchiness in the palm often returns. My father is a retired orthopedist, and I had previously complained of elbow issues (locking elbow, tightness that doesn't allow me to open up the joint as the right elbow). He thinks I may have bone chips/spur in the elbow which might be affecting movement, and now ulnar nerve. As the itching has not become too bad, and the numbness has not returned, I have not yet seen a doctor for xrays, etc, but I may eventually. Perhaps pressure on your ulnar nerve might be the reason you and others are experiencing these symptoms.

Sincerely,
Paul
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979