General Health Community
Itchy, tingly left palm and two last fingers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

For the past several monthes I have had a itch i cant scratch. My left palm, pinky and ring finger, are driving me crazy. It gets red, and Itches horribly.  I have had my whole arm go numb and then cramp.  But this wont go away. A coworker thinks it might be a nerve.  Please someone any suggestions, i have insurance, but can only afford to go when its serious.  I feel like scratching it with a wire brush but nothing helps.
Thank you
april
I have been dealing with the same situation but it is with my right palm and my pinky finger.  I really dont have any redness unless it have been scratching it.  It is definitely and inner itch that cant be scratched enough.  I have seen websites that suggest it could be a symptom of something more serious like diabetes or renal disfunction.  Have you gotten any responses to your question??

Thank you,
Sarah
I am having the same problem except it is my right palm and my left middle fingertip. I mentioned this to my boss today who happens to be a podiatrist and he said it could be a disc herniation that is causing this. Not sure if this is true or not but I have been in two car accidents over my lifetime.

Something you may want to look into.

Hope it helps,

Kathy
I have the itchy plam in my left hand, and also experienced numb fingertips in my ring and middle fingers after a long road trip.
While the numbness in the fingertips eventually went away, the itchiness in the palm often returns. My father is a retired orthopedist, and I had previously complained of elbow issues (locking elbow, tightness that doesn't allow me to open up the joint as the right elbow). He thinks I may have bone chips/spur in the elbow which might be affecting movement, and now ulnar nerve. As the itching has not become too bad, and the numbness has not returned, I have not yet seen a doctor for xrays, etc, but I may eventually. Perhaps pressure on your ulnar nerve might be the reason you and others are experiencing these symptoms.

Sincerely,
Paul