Itchy Skin and Whelps
I am a 50 year old female with an itchy skin problem. Problem is, when I scratch, my skin form whelps. Wherever I scratch, within seconds a whelp will appear. What could be the cause of the itchy skin and whelps?
Eczema can do that.  Food sensitivities such as gluten intolerance can aggravate the itching and the welts (rash).  This is what happens to me.  There are other things besides eczema that can do this, so don't accept eczema as the only possibility.

Have you been tested for autoimmune issues like Lupus?
Also, since your husband is in the military, you could've been exposed to anything he was exposed to.  This has happened in the past with whole families affected by Agent Orange, so why wouldn't whole families be affected by Gulf War Syndrome?
Thank you for responding. I appreciate it so much. I have not been tested for any autoimmune issues. This is an issue I will certainly discuss with my doctor. Again, thanks for responding.