General Health Community
Large bump on hairline near right temple
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Large bump on hairline near right temple

Hi, I am a healthy 27 year old female. I just noticed a large bump/lump near my right temple on my hair line. It does not hurt or appear red. I have no other issues besides recently coming down with a cold/virus going around. Not even sure if that's relevant. Not sure if it's a cyst cause it doesn't really move around. I do not remember hitting my head either. Feels sorta firm. The lump does not really project directly out, it's more of a mound. I have had a cyst on my hand before which was about the size of a pea, but this is larger than that. I don't have insurance, so I would hate to go to the doctor just to be told to keep an eye on it. Could it be a clogged hair gland? A tumor? Calcium build up? Do you think that there's any connection to it being so close to my temple? Any ideas would be appreciated. I hate worrying about cancer and such. Please help. :)
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
hi! first of all don't worry about it being a tumor. It is probably a trapped hair follicle or a cyst. Cysts are often firm and can appear anywhere in the body especially in places with hair. I had one in my armpit witch was also firm and it hurt because it was presing my gland. It passed after a week or so. The chances of you having something serious are very small but if it becomes bigger or starts to hurt you must go to a doctor or a free clinic. Don't try to squeeze anything out or to poke it with a needle.
Good luck!
Blank
hay i just got back from the hospital  i had a pea sized lump on my left temple for about four months and this past week it swelled to the size of a penny and got really sore to the touch anyway the doctor  said it is a sebacios cyst they had to make a small cut and drain it    get it checked or it will keep getting bigger and hurt more  
Blank
hay i just got back from the hospital  i had a pea sized lump on my left temple for about four months and this past week it swelled to the size of a penny and got really sore to the touch anyway the doctor  said it is a sebacios cyst they had to make a small cut and drain it    get it checked or it will keep getting bigger and hurt more  
Blank
Blank
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...