General Health Community
Large bump on hairline near right temple

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Hi, I am a healthy 27 year old female. I just noticed a large bump/lump near my right temple on my hair line. It does not hurt or appear red. I have no other issues besides recently coming down with a cold/virus going around. Not even sure if that's relevant. Not sure if it's a cyst cause it doesn't really move around. I do not remember hitting my head either. Feels sorta firm. The lump does not really project directly out, it's more of a mound. I have had a cyst on my hand before which was about the size of a pea, but this is larger than that. I don't have insurance, so I would hate to go to the doctor just to be told to keep an eye on it. Could it be a clogged hair gland? A tumor? Calcium build up? Do you think that there's any connection to it being so close to my temple? Any ideas would be appreciated. I hate worrying about cancer and such. Please help. :)
hi! first of all don't worry about it being a tumor. It is probably a trapped hair follicle or a cyst. Cysts are often firm and can appear anywhere in the body especially in places with hair. I had one in my armpit witch was also firm and it hurt because it was presing my gland. It passed after a week or so. The chances of you having something serious are very small but if it becomes bigger or starts to hurt you must go to a doctor or a free clinic. Don't try to squeeze anything out or to poke it with a needle.
Good luck!
hay i just got back from the hospital  i had a pea sized lump on my left temple for about four months and this past week it swelled to the size of a penny and got really sore to the touch anyway the doctor  said it is a sebacios cyst they had to make a small cut and drain it    get it checked or it will keep getting bigger and hurt more