General Health Community
Laxatives

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Laxatives

I recently started taking (mineral oil) laxatives in an attempt to lose weight. Which was probably not such a good idea. After a few days of taking more than then the reccomended amount , when i went to the bathroom an orange oily liquid came out (along with urine and stuff) So, what does this mean? Is it bad? Or no big deal?
Thanks. (:
I don't know about the orange- but oily sounds like the mineral oil made its way too the bowels and is being eliminated, as it is supposed to for occasional use for severe constipation or GI test preparation, as prescribed by a physician.  However, you're right about it being the wrong way to go about losing weight.  

I'd recommend you talk to your doctor about your desire to lose weight.  Doctors who care about their patients are happy to make safe recommendations about steps you can take to shed pounds, provided you are above recommended weight for optimum health.  They have a certain healthful range of fat percentage they go by and there is a way to calculate what that is.  You may also want to get your thyroid function tested, to be sure a sluggish thyroid is not slowing your metabolism, causing you to have extra pounds.

I did hear a tip once that if you eat a small handful of nuts prior to your meal (try almonds, walnuts or macadamia nuts, all high in omega fatty acids, good for mood, inflammation, and more), it can help curb your appetite.  
OK THAT'S FROM THE OIL, U R OK...2 LOSS UR POUNDS 3MEAL'S A DAY. TAKE IN 250 CAL BREAKFAST,250 CAL LUNCH, 500 CAL SUPER...WALK 15 TO 20 MIN 3 TIME A WEEK...ONLY ENOUGH WATER 2 COOL UR THIRST ...WHAT DOCTOR CO SIGN PEOPLE TO DRANK LOTS OF WATER,WRONG...ANOTHER THING DO NOT DO A HARD WK OUT BECAUSE U WANT THE SCALE 2 GO DWN NOT UP IF U BILL UR MUSCLE THE SCALE WILL GO UP ,GUESS WHAT 2 MUCH EXCERCISE WILL DO JUST THAT EVEN 2 MUCH WALKING 15 TO 20 MIN

As SurgilMenopause stated, you are in no life-threatening danger.

Her other advice is right on the money.

If you are really overweight it may pay to have a visit to an endochronologist. Ocasionally obesity is a hormonal problem.
Okay, Thank you so much (: I have 1 other question , I drank an entire bottle of laxative in about 3 days . Anything I should be worried about? Or is it again no big deal?
I think they had me do something like that prior to surgery or something (small bottle of castor oil or something).  But, may I make a suggestion?  Since this is something you are greatly concerned about, I would recommend asking your doctor to test your liver function and kidney function to see if they are fine.  They should test those at some point anyways, so why not now?
Thank you , and I'm only 14. So I have no experience with these kind of things.
You're welcome!  Can you ask your parent(s)/guardian if they will set up an appointment for you to go in to a doctor for a physical?   You could ask the doctor for those blood tests like the thyroid function, kidney function and liver function and also for tips on a healthy way to shed any unhealthy extra pounds if he says your body fat percentage is higher than the healthful range.  Also, your profile states your age as 20, so that should be edited!