Left abdomen pain when pressed
I have pain like mild ing in my lower left abdomen, but it hurts more when my abdomen is pressed left of my navel.  A sonogram revealed that it is not my ovaries. Hurts more sharply when having a bowel movement, but not so much to be considered major.  This has been going on for 5 months.  I will get further tests, but how serious could this be?
It is a common site of pain in the abdomen, especially in ladies and the elderly.

Common causes of lower left abdominal pain include diverticulitis, irritable bowel syndrome, left kidney stone, left kidney infection, crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, left ectopic pregnancy, left ovarian disease, and infection of the left fallopian tubes in women.

I am glad you will be getting further tests, it is always best to find out exactly what is causing this type of pain,