Aa
A
A
Close
Leg Pain Blood Clot?
I have been having pain in my right leg for over 2 weeks and its gotten worse, its mostly in my groin its sharp pains that come and go.  I have also have my pain that comes and goes in the back of my thigh when I stand.  Also have experienced right and left calf pain and twitching/muscle spasms in my right leg.  I just had an ultrasound on my leg that came back normal, but could it still be a blood clot?  My doctor told me to take ibuprofen and follow up with her in a month even though I told her its getting worse.  What else could this be?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Sounds more like a nerve problem, not a DVT (blood clot in the leg); possible Sciatica.

How much ibuprofen you taking now?

I would recommend asking your physician for an MRI of your lower back and ordering something else for the pain, i.e. a narcotic and/or a steroid or increasing the dosage of ibuprofen.  

Please call this physician and tell her you are getting WORSE.  Don't wait a month.  If she can help you ASAP then go to the ER if this becomes unbearable.  

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I haven't took any cause I hate taken medicine and I will be calling her Monday cause now the pain has moved to my calves again it hurts when I stand though the pain does lessen a bit once I walk around
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Take the ibuprofen.  No one likes taking medication, but when it is necessary. Plus, the physician has recommended to do so.  Try the Motrin.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Ok and thanks for the advice
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources