General Health Community
Leg Pain Blood Clot?

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Leg Pain Blood Clot?

I have been having pain in my right leg for over 2 weeks and its gotten worse, its mostly in my groin its sharp pains that come and go.  I have also have my pain that comes and goes in the back of my thigh when I stand.  Also have experienced right and left calf pain and twitching/muscle spasms in my right leg.  I just had an ultrasound on my leg that came back normal, but could it still be a blood clot?  My doctor told me to take ibuprofen and follow up with her in a month even though I told her its getting worse.  What else could this be?
Sounds more like a nerve problem, not a DVT (blood clot in the leg); possible Sciatica.

How much ibuprofen you taking now?

I would recommend asking your physician for an MRI of your lower back and ordering something else for the pain, i.e. a narcotic and/or a steroid or increasing the dosage of ibuprofen.  

Please call this physician and tell her you are getting WORSE.  Don't wait a month.  If she can help you ASAP then go to the ER if this becomes unbearable.  

Avatar n tn
I haven't took any cause I hate taken medicine and I will be calling her Monday cause now the pain has moved to my calves again it hurts when I stand though the pain does lessen a bit once I walk around
Take the ibuprofen.  No one likes taking medication, but when it is necessary. Plus, the physician has recommended to do so.  Try the Motrin.  
Avatar n tn
Ok and thanks for the advice