General Health Community
Lingering cold

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Lingering cold

I have had cold symptoms for 2 weeks now.  It started out sore throat, then went into nasal congestion.  I thought I was getting better and it felt like it was clearing up.  Well,  last night I woke up and had a really sore throat and body aches, and I having been feeling this way all day today too.  With the sore throat and body aches though I have started havng neck and ear pain when I swallow.  So, my question is, is it normal to have a sickness that seems to get better and then gets worse in the second week?
Is it normal? Is the earth flat? Clearly you have a compromised immune system, or the infection would not have developed as it did.  The next progression is pneumonia. Saline squirts up the nasal passageways a dozen times a day, keeping well hydrated, and an antibiotic are the usual treatments. Your problem is probably viral, but bacterial infections tend to "piggyback" so prescription with an antibiotic is not out of line. It's time to visit an M.D.
Thanks for your reply, but maybe next time you don't have to be so sarcastic in the beginnning of your sentence.  Like is the earth flat? It is a little offensive, but thanks for your suggestions.  God bless.