Liver Test
I am a 55 year old male diabetic type 1. I was diagnosed with type 1, 25 years ago.
Last june my GP advised me to start taking zokor 20 mgs to lower my cholesterol levels. Total cholesterol was 5.02 and LDL was 3.42. Normal levels are  between 2- 5 and between 0.10 - 3.88.  Liver ALT was 48. (normal levels are between 4-41).
My Bilirubin was reading 25.7. Normal reading is between 1.72 - 17.10. I have always had high bilirubin readings. I think they call it gilbert`s syndrome.
We did another blood test after about 2.5 months and ALT went up to 91 and bilirubin was 34.4.
We did another blood test after another 2 months and ALT went up to 125 and bilirubin was 20.5
Tests for Hepatitis A, B, and C were negative. But ASMA test was positive ++.
GP told me to stop taking Zokor immediately.
I know that a side effect of Zokor is to raise ALT levels. But does zokor also raise ASMA levels?

Thanks for your patience.
There are plenty of natural ways to bring down your cholestral levels....are you taking flush free niacin?  For your liver and pancrease take Alma - juice or pills.  Also Ginger and tumeric are excellent to take also.  A diabetic should be watching what they eat - are you?  My father was diabetic and it was awful because he made it that way.  Read...get online....look up these levels and what you can do homeopathically to take them down.
Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you are trying to help. But things don`t look good. On my side, I have increased walking at a fast pace. This reduces cholesterol. Diabetes is under control. I feel well. I eat well.

But blood test results are worrying. I was expecting a more detailed reply from an MD. Anyway I am expecting other blood test results but until then I am in limbo.