General Health Community
Long Lasting Groin Pain/Discomfort

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Long Lasting Groin Pain/Discomfort

I have had from slight discomfort to painful sensations in my left groin for over a year and a half, I would describe it as high up in the groin, it is incredibly uncomfortable to squeeze legs together lift leg up, sit with legs crossed etc.. the thing is and whats driving me mentally to my wits end is I cant get a straight answer of what is wrong and what to do! I have been to multiple specialist and all say something different so my question is this- What type of Dr or specialist does it sound like I should see?? From my own "internet detective searches" it seems like a Physical Medicine Dr but my family Dr has not referred me to one yet!? So I am confused, help please
I have this same problem... I have had xrays, MRIs, etc.   Doctors say they can't see anything wrong.  It has gotten worse over the past several months.  I'm wondering if it might be a pulled groin muscle?  I'm not sure what to do about it to help it get better or if it's something more serious.

Hope someone answers this...
ask your doctor about acupuncture tons of people have agreed it works for them. what they do is stick pins in the area of the pain and it is said to work. if your doctor is not reffering you to a physical medicine dr then i would suggest you go and ask your doctor if you can see another doctor at your clinic i have done it and my dr said that would be ok.a physician is another name for a physical medicine doctor ask your doctor to refer you to one of these. or you could go to A and E and tell them what is wronge with you. they will do tests unlike your dr who dose not even reffer you to a physician. my first suggestion would be go strait to A and E. i hope they find what is wronge with you. good luck.
How did you hurt it. I have groin problem since one year. X-ray and MRI shows nothing wrong. I have found some guy with the same problem and who recovered as well. this link might be  helpful to you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjXydhvWH_M
Have you tried a Magnesium supplement?  a lack of Magnesium causes muscles spasms and other symptoms, including anxiety, trembling, zaps, etc.  Hope this helps you.