Low Free T3 and Free T4
I recently had my thyroid levels checked and I have low Free T4 level (.72) and low FreeT3 (1.9)?
My TSH is on the low end of normal at .83. This does not seem to follow any normal pattern for Hypo or Hyper thyroid. I might note that I also have a low Anion Gap level of 4.4 (6-18 being normal range) and very low Vitamin D. I had a bout with hyperthyroid last fall. I am off all meds since spring and have been feeling fine. I am frustrated because it is hard to get ahold of my Endocrinologist to get her make on these results. So I am hoping someone out there can give me some advise. Thanks!
Well, I do know that sometimes a low Vitamin D level can contribute to thyroid conditions. As to the results, they are not always accurate, they are just a snap shot of what is going on at the particular moment the blood is drawn. A great test for the thyroid is the Broda Barnes Basal Test. You get a basal thermometer at the drug store, then, first thing in the morning place it under your arm for 10 minutes, do not move at all during that time, just relax in bed, at the end of the ten minutes, check it. If it is between 97.2 to 97.8 your thyroid is fine, if it is lower, you have under-active thyroid, if higher, you have over-active thyroid. Oh, make sure the thermomter is already shaken down and right next to the bed, you do not want to move at all before or during the test.

Hope this helps.