Low Hemoglobin levels
I was in the ER about 2 weeks ago because Urgent Care gave me a blood test and my hemoglobin level was 3.6.  Yes...3.6.   They sent me to the ER immediately and I had to have 4 or 5 blood transfusions or else they gave me about 1 or 2 days to live (they couldn't believe I was alive and walking).  I thought I just had the flu really bad for a while.  I am 38 years old and in otherwise very good health.  Although I have very bad heavy periods along with bleeding out of my bottom.  The bleeding out of my bottom has been going on for sometime and no one (dr.) seems to be able to figure it out.  They put me on some thyroid medicine for the last 2 weeks and the bleeding out of there just stopped for the last four days or so.  Could it be my thyroid that is messing me up?  I just want some answers.
Wow, could be thyroid related, I am not sure. I think I would see another doctor about this, maybe a gyn or an internist. That is a very low reading they got.