General Health Community
Low White Blood Cell Count/Possibilities.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

I'm a 19 year old female, and I've just received my blood test results back for nursing school. They said my white blood cell count was really low, and that there was even white blood cells in my urine. I was reading on the internet of any possibilities, and I've seen a lot about liver,bladder,kidney infections, cancer, and the possibility of an STD. They sending all the test results back through, but I hate waiting. I went back to the dr's this past week, and she did another physical exam on me. A few times I've lied about the pains in my abdominal along with pains underneath my right rib cage. I finally told her about all of this, and she wants me to get ultrasounds on my gullbladder (gallbladder) and ovaries. Last year I was in a quad accident, I fractured 3 vertabrae in my spine, and they had thought I punctured my liver. I really have no clue as to what could possibly be going on with me, or why my body wants to fail me now. All of the possibilities of things that could be wrong seem bother-some with me. I'd think if I picked up an STD I'd know, or there'd be more signs then just a low white blood cell count. Any advice or input?
Avatar n tn
hey,  I was wondering if they ever figured out what was wrong.  I had a fairly low wbc, and what i think is white blood cells in my urine too. Yet, the urologist i went to see said he didnt see anything. and my cat scan and bladder xrays all came back normal.  Although he said that it appeared that my liver had gone through changes due to a previous infection.