General Health Community
Low blood pressure issue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Low blood pressure issue

I'm having some issues with blood pressure, I think. I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject. I believe I'm supposed to be 120/80? I took my blood pressure a few moments ago and I'm at 108/61, with a heart rate of 41. My numbers are usually always around here. My main concern with this is that I'm always very cold, and it's quite irritating. Are these numbers something I should be concerned about, or could this be considered normal?

I'm sure this is important too: I'm a 135 lbs male, 21 years old.
Are you an athlete? That blood pressure is actually ok.  Are you drinking enough fluids?  
you're heart rate is way too low. A normal heart rate is anywhere between 60-100 beats a minute. You're pressure is good. 120/80 is the goal for everyone, but under is great, you may be dehydrated. Check your pulse again, are you light headed, dizzy?
you need to be seen in the er if this is an accurate reading
I just took my numbers again, my pressure is 110/62, heart rate 44. I did a bit of browsing around on some other forums and the consensus seems to be that a heart rate under 50 is very uncommon. This worried me, so I took a manual reading last night (held my finger to my neck, counted for 60 seconds) and my heart rate was under 50 each time. I took another manual check after I used the machine reader and counted about 51 beats in a minute. I do get light-headed a lot if I've been sitting down reading or what not for awhile, and then get up quick, but other than that I don't feel regularly light-headed or dizzy. The main negative symptom I seem to be experiencing is that I'm cold at almost all times. Guess I should visit the doctor?