Low in Iron
I am low in iron and i really don't understand how low is low, my doctors office said 4 out of 7 but my hemoglobin is normal, however I feel tired all the time very tired I can't get anything done, and he got me on double dose of iron pills a day for the next 6 weeks he said and then if that doesn't work I will have to go in for the needles, they have not found the sorce of what is causing this and they have looked, the next place they are looking is in my small intestine next week, I no longer have a period so that is not the problem but I feel like this has all started since I have been on Crestor about 1 1/2 year ago do you think it is prssible? I am also on Synthroid and Topiramate but ever since on Crestor I have gainded 20 pds and my iron has gone down is this the reason? Looking foward to you anwer, Jackie
You could be deficient in certain vitamins. I would eat more green leafy veggies, extra B-12 and Folic Acid, and take a liquid supplement called Chlorophyll, this is great for low iron. It could also be due to the low thyroid, and sometimes drugs do this. I am not a fan of iron pills, in some, if they don't need them, they can make you worse and cause your heart to work harder, but, it appears your doctor has really checked you out. Just be careful.