General Health Community
Low tsh and low t4

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Low tsh and low t4

I am currently 15 weeks pregnant and I had blood drawn 4 weeks ago and it show a low tsh, .13 and all other levels were normal.  I recently was tested again and my t4 is low, they didn't tell me the numbers.  I have tried to get into a few endocrinologists but no one can fit me in.  Everything I read online is scary about being pregnant and having thyroid problems.  My question is, what does testing low mean for me and my baby and also, should something have been done earlier before the second round of tests?
Your Dr needs to check you TSH, FT3, FT4 and antibodies.
TSH is not the only test that should be done. I do see you had you T4 tested but it needs to be the FT4, not just T4.
What symptoms are you having? It sounds like you may have hyperthyroidism,
We have a wonderful thyroid forum here and I really think you should post your question there. The people at that forum are very knowledgeable about thyroid problems.Just go to the top of the page , look for forums and click on that. Scroll down until you find the Thyroid forum. Take care. Remar
I don't think I have any symptoms, I just went for routine bloodwork went I went to my ob appointment. I have been extremely tired but I just thought it was b/c I'm pregnant and have 2 other children.  I think they screened for all thyroid results, just my tsh and t4 came back both low.  The reason they want me to see an endo doctor is b/c the t4 came back low as well.  I tried looking online for answers but it would make more sense to me to have hypothyroidism not hyper.  When you have hyper, does it in generally mean you are a thin person?  I need to read more on the issue.  I have a doc appointment with my primary care physician today b/c I can't get into a specialist, they seem to be all booked until March. Thanks!