General Health Community
Lump looks like blister next to fingernail

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

I caught my finger (near cuticle) on a little bit if a screw that was sticking out of my work trolley.  It bled a little but not a lot so I thought no more a bout it.  Now a couple if days later I have a painful lump next to my fingernail.  It looks like a thick skinned blister.  What is it please?
Something similar happened to my daughter.... turned out there was a sliver of something in that blister.  When it finally popped, she had a thorn - in your case it could be a sliver of metal or dirt or oil -  Your finger could be infected.  Try soaking it in warm salty water and use an antibiotic cream and a bandaid on it.  If it gets worse, see a doctor.
i might be a fluid that is filled with pus. also i may be infected the screw may be rusty.you need to go to the doctor before it get worse