General Health Community
Lumps on head
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lumps on head

Three days ago I awoke with two bumps on my head that were not there the night before.  One is at the base of the skull on the bony part right before it hits the muscle.  The other one is about two finger spaces above it.  They hurt to touch and are hard.  The whole area surrounding is sore as well.  Accompanying these lumps are headaches in the back of my head.  I'm not sure  if I hit my head while sleeping and didn't wake up.  How long should I wait for the symptoms to dissapate.  The swelling has not gone down at all either
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
In addition today I awoke with another lump on my head higher up.  I am a little bit woried.  Does anyone have any advice.  They lumps also seem to burn as well.
Blank
I've had the same thing for about a month and I'm getting blurred vision and dizziness. I have been unable to go to a doctor due to being uninsured. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing it?
Blank
Have you checked your windows for spiders?  Spider bites don't cause any pain or stinging initially - but do cause bumps wherever they bite you.  Since these are on your head I think they could be biting you when you are asleep.  If you don't have spiders or other insects in your room, check with a doctor.  But I would vacuum the bed, wash the curtains, clean the windows and the floors.  Some insects such as the kissing bug can cause nasty diseases.  Do you have pets?  Check them for ticks and fleas.  - I hope you find out what is causing the bumps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...