General Health Community
Migraines, Headaches, what?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Migraines, Headaches, what?

Hello, I'm 15 years old and sometimes randomly I get headeaches on the right side of my head and sometimes it lasts for hours. Is this bad? And if so, why?
Do you site in a draught at school?  A light breeze or wind blowing on the head can cause neuralgic pain

Also, are you spending too much time on your computer?  Too much time spent on a computer can cause problems, so you need to take adequate breaks.

Also get your teeth and bite checked out by your dentist.  A bite that is not aligned can also cause headache.

Make sure that you are getting enough sleep too and drink plenty of water so that you do not get dehydrated.

Do you ever see spots or flashes of light before these headaches, or have anything else strange happen?  Do you feel nauseous during these headaches?  Sensitive to light and sound?  Dizzy?  You need a combination of these symptoms to have it classified as a migraine (look at the wikipedia article for the full criteria listing).  Migraines really suck, but they are generally not dangerous.  If you have a family history of migraine, it's also more likely that migraines are what you have.

It helps to take some ibuprofen right when you start having pain.  Once the pain gets hold, it's much harder to get rid of.  If it is a migraine, retiring to a dark quiet room may help, and sleeping might be a good idea, especially if stress is a trigger.  Some people get migraines from specific foods, or from being stressed out, or any number of things.  

If you think you do have migraines, or these headaches are interfering with your life, ask your doctor about it (either by making a special appointment or at your next physical).

Well I don't normally drink a lot and my sleep schedule is out of whack. Thanks for the answer and I'll try and drink more water ^_^ Thanks again :)
Sometimes yeah, but not alot, thank you for the answer :)
As you are still growing, make sure you eat a healthy diet, go easy on the chocolates and junk foods.  Stay hydrated (drink water).

Enjoy your life and have fun whatever you decide to do.

Best wishes.
Sorry, but could you clarify?  Which things happen sometimes but not a lot?