General Health Community
Migraines

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Migraines

I was wondering. Do Migraines usually stay in one area? I've been have headaches for a while, (and they always make me nervous because i am a bit of a hypochondriac.) But it seems now when ever i have a headache it is always on my left side right in the middle over my eye. I woke up with one today and was wondering if in fact this is a migraine? I've had like little achy small headaches leading up to today. Also was wondering if that is pretty normal of migraine sufferer's. I took some Ibuprofen, put some ice on my head, and slept for a little but it is still holding on. Should i be concerned?  
Migraines are often one-sided and throbbing, but they come with light and sound sensitivity and nausea most of the time, and are often extremely painful.  Many migraines have an aura beforehand, the classic one being scintillating visual patterns.  

There are plenty of different types of headaches, and migraines are only one.  You can do a google search to find out more about them.  If you're concerned, you can always talk to your doctor, but they probably won't say much.  
Migrainal headaches will make you feel very ill.  And you will want to stay in bed.

With migraines some people experience pins and needles in their lips.  
You may see zig zag or other white lines, you will not be able to tolerate the light and noise will be unbearable.  Some people also get vomitting with a migrainal headache.  

The type of pain that you explain just over the eye, could be from a sinus problem.

Instead of Ibuprofen, try Paracetamol for your pain.  

Migrainal headaches can be triggered off through stress and anxiety, but also from foods and drink.

Foods that are triggers are chocolate, oranges, cheese, red wine, probably others too.

Different people have different triggers.  So for example chocolate may set off a migraine in some people, but not in others.

Keep a food diary to see if this is related to that.  
If you feel congested it is likely to be a sinus blockage.  

Like Anonymouse88 says, if you are concerned, then see your doctor.  If the doctor confirms that these are migrainal headaches, he can prescribe medication for migraines.  It is best to find the cause though.

Another point, it may be worth getting your eyes checked out.

Best wishes.
I am an RN, It does sound like a migrane (migraine). One sided, pain around the eye, typically they are throbing. Lay in a dark quiet room. If it is controlled with over the counter medications then you are set. If it is disrupting daily activities, causing vommiting, and not relieved by OTC meds see your MD for other options.