Mitral Valve Prolapse
Hi Folks,

Six months ago I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse.  At the same time I had a Nuclear Stress Test performed (which came back negative) Anyway, about once a week I am experiencing a localized ache over my left breast area.  I am guessing this is what is called regurgitation due to the MVP.  Or is it something a bit more concerning such as Angina?  Anyone with MVP care to describe their chest discomfort / location?
Neither mitral valve prolapse nor mitral regurgitation should cause chest pain. It can cause a fluttering in the chest, or shortness of breath if severe, but not pain.

The pain could be angina, as a prior normal stress test doesn't rule that out. Stable angina, the kind that would show up as an abnormality on a stress test, typically starts with exertion, often associated with shortness of breath, sweating, or nausea, sometimes radiating to the left arm or jaw. If you are having reproducible chest pain, it is worth seeing a doctor and having it looked into.
I was diagnosed with MVP about 30 years ago.  I have angina from time to time, usually when I'm at rest and I carry nitrostat with me in case the angina becomes unbearable. - MVP is very common and I only had a bad episode once when I thought a heart attack was imminent.  Turned out to be an anxiety attack.  However, people who have anxiety attacks frequently should be monitored by a cardiologist.  At present, I see my cardiologist once a year for a check up or nuclear test. -  Silverfox
Hi Doc,
That's just it.  I have had a Nuclear Stress test in 2010 and 2013 and both times I was told that it was normal.  The Cardiologist didn't seem too concerned about the discomfort being ischemic in nature. He told me I have Mitral Valve Prolapse, Negative Stress Test and sent me on my way with instructions to come back in 6 months for a routine EKG.  Do I need to insist on an Angiogram?  My pain never radiates no do I experience any of the accompanying symptoms.  It is simply a dull ache over my left breast which is produced my sudden bursts of exertion (but not ramped up exertion as with the treadmill) sometimes with stress, and sometimes after eating a fatty meal.
I have had two or three angiograms (cardiac catherizations) and they were all negative.  They performed them because I had an episode of chest pain wherein I was hospitalized overnight. -  The last time I had been drinking water with baking soda and it did something to my rhythm.  - I was fine the next day.  The only time the doctors will worry about your valve is if it becomes bothersome... gets damaged or needs replacement.

My aunt had a valve replaced after she passed out in K mart.  

Best thing to do is try not to worry about it as worry makes it worse.

I hope you don't have anymore problems.