General Health Community
Multi symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Multi symptoms

5 months ago I was working out at the gym and felt light headed almost like a stroke or heart attack. went to doc said I had slight elevated liver enzymes said it was something I took.  only thing I could think of was some supplements I bought from the gym (in another country) had EKG and head CT checked good.

liver enzymes went to normal after a month or so. since then my digestive seems slow and few no matter how much I eat and I feel stomach bloat and stomach gas.  when I try to cut back on how much I eat my body reacts like I'm dying.  body aches head pressure, feel like I have flu like symptoms and extreme anxiety.  also my blood press goes up.  it last for days until I force myself to eat alot which pushes my weight back up.  

I have love handle fat that I just can't seem to get rid of.  I've had almost every blood test known except HGH and a few others.  tests I had that seem un normal are ACTH is just out of range low.  cortisol was average maybe alittle low.  not sure about test, estrodol, fsh, prolactin, lh, as all were within range but some were on low side of range.  

my skin seems thin, hair is there but not thick anymore, and I notice more spider veins on my body that seem to show at certain times.  I've had abdomen ultrasound done checks good.  I don't know what else to do.  I haven't had caffiene in 5 months and I've always drank alot of it.  I'm scared I'm dying or something is wrong but no one can answer.  I don't want to die.  I've felt bad for a few years with chronic sinuitis and this seems to have made me worse.  I've noticed my sinuses are not plugged up anymore and dairy products don't make my head hurt anymore like it use to.

doc have me an anti depressant and made my head and everything worse.  if I go to the gym and workout it seems to help but I have to eat alot afterwards to keep from feeling sore fatigue and head pressure.  never was like this before
Sounds like you have a thyroid problem.  Iodine (potassium iodide) is an OTC from the health food store - or switch to Iodized salt to see if it helps.  Sepia or Nux Vomica should also help with the symptoms.  You said your doctor couldn't help you - maybe you need a "vacation" of two weeks from all supplements before trying these new ones.  Elderberry helps with sinus problems and coleslaw helps with stomach troubles.  - I hope I've been a help to you.  Please let us know how you fare, because we care.
Thyroid does seem like a possible culprit.  If you haven't had tests done, please ask your doctor about getting them.  And please speak to a doctor or pharmacist about all supplements, as some can interfere with other medications.  

Which antidepressant are you on?  Some are good for anxiety, which might be some of your problem (but I don't think it would explain everything).  Are you getting enough fiber?  You can eat more fruit (except apples and bananas), switch to whole grains, eat less cheese, and/or get a fiber supplement at the drug store.  I use the CVS version of Benefiber, which I find dissolves well without taste.  People do have different gut transit times, so as long as you're having a bowel movement every few days and it's not too hard or too soft, you're probably fine.  I find that things in the garlic and onion family give me gas and diarrhea when I eat too much of them, so it might be worth examining your diet for anything that could be causing gas or bloating.

If you've been using nasal sprays for a long time for sinusitis, you could just be getting rebound sinusitis from withdrawal of the spray, making you think you need it when all you need is time for your body to readjust.  Just another thing to think about.
thanks for the suggestions, I tried almost everything I could think of.  I started taking digestive enzymes recently and somewhat feel better.  I'm thinking I'm not able to digest or absorb food correctly.  I don't see how because I actually weigh more than I did 5 months ago.  was 180 now 197.  my fat is mostly all in the handles an stomach.  I'm always burping and never use to.  

blood test for pancrious was within range.  it feels like I don't get enough out of my food but my weight is up. but blood test look fine.  only had vit d and iron done as we only vit min covered under insurance.  could this be low stomach acid, pancrious, gallbladder or intestant issues?  had slightly low good cholesterol and low bad.  
my thyroid was within range. I can't fast because the feeling of head pressure and anxiety gets bad.  it feels like it takes forever for nutrients to circulate.  also my adrenalin was an 8 from range 0-24 if that means anything.  I want my thick hair and skin back!!  I just want to feel better and know I'm ok!
t4 19 range 5-22
t3 4.53 range 2-8
tsh 1 range 0-10
I don't remember the name of depressant but I stopped taking it because the effects were strong.  only way to explain is when you fast or empty stomach you feel affects of stimulants or medicine much more.  that's how I feel all the time with food or no food.  I'm afraid to take anything because I feel my heart might explode. my diet consists of raw green veggies fruit lean meat cereal whole grains water juice.
Was it Wellbutrin by any chance?  That's about the only stimulating antidepressant, and it also can worsen anxiety, unlike the SSRIs, which are often prescribed to treat anxiety.  Make sure to read labels when it comes to food and meds; the absorption of some meds is increased with food, other meds the absorption increases without food, and for some meds the absorption doesn't depend on food at all.  Maybe your anxiety when you take meds is making you feel like your heart will explode--do you have panic attacks?  Those can make people feel like they're dying.

If your weight is up, either you're absorbing calories just fine, or you've started retaining water.  Are your legs swollen?  Also, cutting out juice will help cut your calories more.  Juice has about as much sugar as soda, and you don't get the fiber from the fruit.  Eat the whole fruit instead, and get all the fiber and nutrients, and feel fuller than you would with a glass of juice.

I guess it could be a nutrient deficiency, but you have to be really careful with that.  For instance, selenium deficiency can cause hair thinning/loss, but too much selenium, which you can easily get by taking supplements, has a side effect of hair loss.  It stinks that your insurance doesn't cover other vitamin tests.  If your doctor thinks it's necessary, though, they can call up the insurance company to get an authorization for things they normally don't cover.  Sometimes it takes some bugging, but it should be doable if the doctor thinks you need it.  

I don't know enough about those tests to say much about them.  From what I remember of the last time I got my thyroid taken, the ranges seem a little odd, but that could easily be from a different way of doing the test.
A better way to get Selenium is to eat Brazil nuts.  We need about 4 a day.  And just found out that shelled sunflower seeds are a natural anti-depressant.
Coleslaw is great for the gut - might cause a little gas, but it soothes ulcers and stomach acid.  I drink apple cider vinegar in my water to help my GERD or Reflux.  Hope you feel better soon.
ok just here's an update.  felt good the last 4 days.  seemed to be doing ok, as I drank water before I ate and after about 2 hrs later.  my urine wasn't concentrated I felt pretty good.  yesterday on my way to the hospital while I was driving i felt like I had a stroke or heart attack.  sweating hot light headed fast heart.  lasted about 3 min.  when I got to the hospital I told them what happen. BP was 155/82.  put me on ECG checked good.  now since then I feel like crap, less urine and has become concentrated again even when I drink water.  I have to drink LOTS of it to go and to make it clear.  now I feel weak sore almost flu like but no fever.  

my blood press keeps fluctuating.  I noticed my stomach and love handles are bloated again as they were not the last 4 days.  am I dying or what?
Perhaps you should see a kidney specialist.  He/she can tell you if your kidneys aren't working properly.  Also, your adrenals that sit on top of your kidneys should be checked.  It worries me that you say your urine is concentrated.  That is not a good sign. - I hope you aren't drinking sodas - you said no caffeine - but even clear sodas aren't good for you. - The only time I had a problem with concentrated urine was when I was taking the Z-Pak.  That hurt my kidneys.  -  Please see another doctor and keep us posted... we care.