General Health Community
Multiple health concerns

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Multiple health concerns

I'm a 27 year old male with multiple health issues that came months ago, disappeared and just returned.

About 6 months ago i suffered from a racing heart, mild chest/back pain and i was very tired. This got me really worried but my GP tooks lots of blood samples and did an EKG and told me it was stress related, and indeed there was much at work at that time. The only thing out of the ordinary was my cratinine level which was slightly high but nothing to worry about he said. He blamed it on drinking too little water, which is very true for me unfortunately. All of my symptoms went away a week or two after the appointment with the doctor.

Now, about four weeks ago i started having some mild chest pains again. Very warm days and little water again. About one week after that i went to the US for a one week conference. The first day in the US was terrible but i finally realized that I may not be drinking enough water so after drinking a lot it got better. After returning back to europe two weeks ago the symptom came back for a week, and 1.5 weeks ago the chest pains turned into tiredness instead. And about a week ago I now feel tired, my vision has changed a bit and I feel like i have a small lump somewhere 1.5 inches above my left nipple.

Some more explanation:

About a month ago i started getting into a quarrel with my boss because Im leaving the job. Ive been afraid that he's not going to pay my salary etc so the stress factor is here.

I wear contacts and my vision is now slightly blurrier on one eye than the other, this changes multiple times per day and for very brief moments i will see normaly.

The tiredness i've been feeling for the last week is very similar to what you feel during a cold, and two days ago my cold broke out. My nose gets a bit congested and i have a slight headache now and then.

Last but not least about the lump in my chest: It feels like it's located somewhere between the skin and my ribs, it moves around slightly when touched but it does not hurt to touch it. However if i take a very deep breath or lean forward it feels like there was some kind of string going from my throat to my left armpit, passing through that lump. It's probably worth to mention that i was carrying a shoulder bag with three laptops for a 5+ km walk during my last day in the US. The strap was going over that shoulder and i was uncomfortable at times but it was never painful.

Now to my actual question: I have a GP appointment in four weeks which is the earliest i could get. Should i worry about these symptoms and perhaps visit the ER right away, or are my "excuses" above enough to explain what I'm feeling? Getting kind of worried here.

My guess It's the stress and not enough water!! That being said I suggest going to the ER unless your doctor can see you sooner!