General Health Community
My 14 year old daughter has a lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

My 14 year old daughter has a lump

Tonight my 14 year old daughter informed me that she was having discomfort in her right breast behind the nipple. Only on the right side. There's an obvious lump under the nipple. She has already been having periods since 11 and I don't believe she's still going threw puberty. I'm so worried about this I can think straight! We have no insurance and I don't know where to start as far as seeking medial attention. Do to the lack of insurance and money, I don't want to go on a wild goose chase with doctors. She says it just came out of nowhere and just noticed it this morning. I'm asking for some piece of mind and should I start at her pediatrician? Or a specialist?  

Someone please get get to me soon and thank you so very much.
i think you should see an obgynecologist for that matter.
I know when I was 15 and had the same issue cone up my mom was able to find a medical program for kids. I believe here in Texas it is called chip. There are also clinics like planned parenthood that could point you in the right direction. You should try not to stress so much though. Don't put it off but don't stress as well.

My lump ended up just being a cyst. I have has a few over the years. But every doctor says they are nothing to worry about. So a lump could be nothing. Still as I said don't put it off just in case. It is always better to be safe then sorry.

Good luck, and I will be praying for you and your daughter. May God be with you,

Kimberly
Because she has discomfort, it could be a clogged milk duct or fibrocystic disease.  Try some warm compresses to see if that helps.  If  the lump is hard and doesn't move, it could be serious.  If it is soft and moveable, it could be a benign lipoma or just a clogged milk duct.
Mine was hard and didn't move and it was nothing to worry about. Just wanted to state that. Also, I forgot to suggest a warm compress that is what they told me for the discomfort. Good suggestion silverfox67.