General Health Community
My son's health
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My son's health

My son is an adult autistic and has recently been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.  The trouble here is that he has not had a bowel movement in almost three days.  He says that there is no pain and there is no bloating. He just does not feel any urge to move his bowels.  He does not feel full or uncomfortable, but he knows that this is not normal and is getting more and more upset about it.  In the past couple of days he has had oatmeal, apple, banana, spinach, broccoli, green beans and one dose of a "gentle" laxative.  When that had absolutely no effect I did not repeat the dose.  He takes metformin, lantus, humalog and lasix.  He recently started a supplement with iron in it, as his iron was low at his last doctor's visit.  What can I do? Am I worrying to much? What can I tell him?
Tags: bowel, My son
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Iron can "clog" you.  Try some epsom salts in warm water with lemon.  Or buy one of those cleanses for him.  He has to "go" or he will get blockage and need surgery!
Blank
Thanks. I am actually afraid that if I give him one of those "cleanses" and he still can't go we will have a worse problem.  He says he hears "digestive noises" from his stomach, so things are percolating...but not moving.  I may try the epsom salt though...thanks.
Blank
Got him some magnesium citrate ( the pharmacist recommended it) and, though it took three hours to work.... it DID work.  He's happier and Lord knows I'm happier. Thanks for the reply.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...