General Health Community
Mystery Tongue Bumps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Mystery Tongue Bumps

Started with my wife - she got 3 painful bumps in tongue which later turned into little white spots. Fairly painful. She also complained of the roof of her mouth feeling like it was burning. Doc gave her antibiotics which after taking seemed to help. Then after about a week I got the same thing, only my were accompanied by swelling on left side of face (ear and just below), fever (100.1) and diarrhea for about a day.  I have one bump on the tip, one underneath and one on the side. The bumps are on the inside so they aren't really noticeable by looking at them. My wifes bumps started the same way but it later turned into an ulcer-looking thing on the tongue, then went away.  I do not have the burning sensation at the top of my mouth like my wife did. I am currently on antibiotics (3rd day). Problem is that my wife is starting to get her bumps back. I assume my wife gave me whatever it is so it appears to be contagious. Doctor office and mouth specialists haven't seen these symptoms so it doesn't appear to be widespread.  Any one have any ideas?
Did you ever find out what it was? I seem to have the same thing, started this morning. I have severe acid reflux and didn't get to keep my dinner last night so I thought it could be related when the bumps started popping up this morning, maybe some sort of stomach acid burn? But it's never happened before and I've experienced the stomach problems for years. First red spot appeared on left side and severe pain at the base of my tongue on the left side, and two more spots appeared near the tip, now there are small bumps all over my tongue and it feels like it's burning. I'm thinking I'll have to go see the doctor because I can't find any info online.