General Health Community
Neck pain with headache like symptoms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Neck pain with headache like symptoms

I've got this horrible neck pain (at the top) causing a headache/sharp pains around the back of my head. Its better than yesterday where I actually seemed to fall asleep(or something) every time the pain came. Thats stopped.
It feels better mostly while I am lying down but still hurts moving around. I have full movement although its sore. I also find that sitting is sore but can be bearable for some time, standing up is agony and makes me feel a little nauseous.
I have pressure in my head in general which isn't helping.
I've been having sinus problems for about a month or so now. Constant build up as far as I can tell.
The nasty thing is that I can smell something, like blood or gunk in the back of my nose and its horrible.

Just wondering whats wrong. I looked up and well its not exactly been helpful. Headache is possible although I know its not a migraine (i get them often enough to know).

Any suggestions would be nice though. Thanks
Thanks
Ellie

(also I'm only 20. although there is osteoperosis and osteoarthritis in the family, im very very doubtful its anything like that)
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Sounds like a horrible sinus infection.  It can cause dizziness, nausea, ear aches,  headaches, neck ache, vertigo - and yes that nasty taste also.  You might try snuffing warm salty water up your nose - then see a doctor.  It won't go away without antibiotics - sorry.
Blank
4197433_tn?1365469924
I have some of these symptoms too. I have always been saying that my head hurts , but not just in my head , but around the neck . I did not know how to explain it though.. It hurts really bad when I move around while standing , sitting, or laying down.. I don't know what this is ;o
Blank
It might be signs of hypertension. Try measuring you're blood pressure while you get these symptoms.
Blank
1378381_tn?1365736090
thank you soo much. I haven't had a chance to get to the doctors, but its finally not hurting as much.
Still horrible smelling in the back of my nose.
I can't take my own blood pressure, but its not a case of coming and going. Its more it stays their constant.

Its draining away slowly so hopefully its just been the sinus infection. Feeling a bitty better. horray.

Thanks though xx
Blank
Best wishes!
Blank
I'm glad you are feeling somewhat better.  I found that Black Elderberry actually helps my sinuses in the morning - I usually wake up hacking and coughing and it clears it right up.  Comes in capsule form at the healthfood store - or maybe Walgreens.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...