General Health Community
Night time leg sweats

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Night time leg sweats

Hi guys,
Any help much appreciated here.
The last few nights I have been having quite severe legs sweats. I can't make any sense of it as I have never had any sweating problems before in my life. My legs also feel as if there is not enough blood circulating around as they feel quite cold and woozy. My health is fine. I did happen to get quite an intense remedial massage earlier on in the week that could possible have flared something up (he found some old corkies and scar tissue in the quad and hamstring and worked on these quite intensly) and I happened to have changed my office chair to an excercise ball during the week to try and relieve an ongoing back ache. I did happen to feel that I was restricting blood flow to my legs in some positions whilst sitting on the exercise ball and found I had to constantly move around. That is the only reason why possibly I am having these legs problems (mainly below the knees). Why they are only happening at night in bed beats me. I also have been stretching my legs a lot in the last week as I'm trying to fix this old hamstring injury that won't leave me (hence the remedial massage). I'm not on any medication at all.
Any help would be great.
To me it sounds like you've been exercising way too much, at night the body recovers hence the sweating. Reduce the exercises, ask a PT for a healthy schedule of exercises.

If you do too much exercise the stimulus transfer in the transition from nerve to muscle or in the transition of sweat gland to the nerve can be disturbed. The sweat glands get too much stimuli and this can cause your sweating!

There is also a condition called hyperhidrosis  but only a doctor can tell you if this is the case. First try to relax more and exercise in a healthy way, i'm pretty sure this will cure your sweating legs.

Hope this helps!

Anja