Normal WBC with infections
I went to my doctor back in August 2009, I thought my asthma was acting up but I had pneumonia. My White Blood Cell Count came back normal on that visit with my pneumonia confirmed on a xray.  I went back again in October and found out I had H1N1, again my WBC was normal. Abdominal pain in November took me back again, the CT showed diverticulitis, I was hospitalized for 7 days with several anitbiotics and my WBC was still in the mid normal range. Another CT yesterday because I got dizzy, passed out and hit my head, this one showed a sinus infection with polyps and cysts. Again my WBC was normal. I run low grade fevers just on occasion for no reason, I can't even describe how many blood tests my doctors have done in the last 3 months! Does anyone know why my WBC is normal even when I have some pretty nasty infections?
What about your red blood count? Is it with in normal range?