Numb Foot
My Dad is experiencing a numb foot.  It appears to be numb the majority of the time, if not all the time.  He has also noticed a spreading of his toes on the same foot between the middle toe and the toe next to the big toe.  When he walks it is like a floppy foot.  he said it is because he can't place it down properly.  He has also said that he can pull is toes up but not downwards.  He has been to the dr and they have done blood tests.  They rang him and said the nurse needed to see him asap and when he went back he was given an injection with no improvement.  We have recently lost Mum and this has happened since then.  Please can anyone give me any ideas on what could be happening.  I am with Dad this weekend, he has a lump at the bottom of his foot which he has been massaging.  It is not a painful lump and he said it appears to be reducing.
maybe its a cyst or if hes a heavy guy it cold be his wieght that is causeing his foot to go numb