General Health Community
Numbness in Left thumb

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Numbness in Left thumb

I have been having numbness in my left thumb. I do not spend lots of time at the computer. I am a normal housewife without an outside job. What could be causing this?
It could be tendinitis! check with your doctor
I agree, it could be tendonitis. I have tendonitis in both wrists and in the beginning my hands would get numb. I think the inflammation is pressing on the medial or other nerve in the wrist. I would see an orthopedic surgeon hand specialist. Not, just for surgery but they can check if it is tendonitis. They may do a nerve conductivity test to be able to tell if one of the nerves is affected.
mkh9
This could possibly be CTS (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome) especially if you are spending several hours on the computer.  

Definitely consult your physician about this.