General Health Community
Odd Growth Near Knuckle, help?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Odd Growth Near Knuckle, help?

If I make any errors in spelling or grammar, I apologize, as it is late where I am and I am tired.

I will have a brief summary of my symptoms below, if you don't feel inclined to read the entirety of my question. However, I would deeply appreciate it if you did.

---

Some time in winter of this past year, I noticed a rotund growth on the back of my hand, near the right index knuckle. Assuming it just some irregularity, I pinched it off with my fingers (admittedly a tougher process than removing any acne I have ever had). Much to my chagrin, it returned.

Bringing my concerns to the nurse at my school, she informed me it was "a non-contagious wart". As kind and well intended as she was, however, most nurses held a strict 'no diagnosis' rule, and I knew few school nurses could ever be qualified for such a task. All the same, I began attempting applying salicylic acid to it, and when I was dissatisfied with the slow, seemingly nonexistent progress it had made, I applied a liquid nitrogen remover.

The nitrogen had made my bump a deep, unnerving purple, which concerned me, but I waited for some time before plucking the growth a second time, hoping for more lasting results.

Sadly, the bump had returned again sometime in the summer. This time, however, the skin around it has begun growing as well, becoming a series of non-uniform, irregular bumps. I should also comment that the color change brought on from the nitrogen has mostly gone away, but a corona of darker skin continues to be present around the area of application, and consequentially, the bumps.

Most unnerving of all, there are sporadic itches and unpleasant, painful sensations on the skin, and even more worrying, an equally irregular ache in the 'bone' and muscle below and around the patch.

I have a history of assuming the worst with these situations, a tendency which has led me to be blown off when asking my parents or others to assistance. That being said, I would like to avoid assuming the worst with this. All the same, a wart could be contagious, and something more serious could be harmful. Not wanting to ignore this only to be faced with it becoming a problem later, I came here in hopes of finding help.

---

Symptoms:
-A cluster of wart-like aberrations on the skin, growing from one initial bump. Varying sizes and shapes with clear, defined boundaries, and all relatively small (the entire cluster is roughly as big around as a pencil eraser, but the individual bumps are small.)

-A dark coloration around the area that may be from previously applied liquid nitrogen.

-Occasional itching, burning, and aching in the affected area

---

Any definitive input on the topic would be appreciated, quite deeply. If you have any knowledge on what this might be, or who I could talk to in order to find out, please inform me. Thank you.