General Health Community
Pain in right side

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Pain in right side

Hello...
For the past 3 weeks off and on I get a pain on my right side.  And when I say side, I mean directly on the side of my stomach 1/2 below my ribs and waist line.  It is intense and last hours if not all day.  I have tried Advil, and gas ex but nothing seems to work.  I do have a past of kidney stones.  About 9 months ago, I had a xray...showed no visable stones.   In the morning it is gone, but gets worse at the day goes on.

Does anyone know what could be causing this pain?  I have never had it like this before.  I did not pull a muscle.
HAVE YOU TRY TALIKING TO YOUR DOCTORS ABOUT THE PAIN THAT YOU IS HAVING.
just below ribs can be a liver pain if the pain is on and off.also can be gas if u fell bloated.it all depends of the type of pain and how long persits.try tu push just below u ribs on the liver side and relese fast the presure.after relese if u feel pain its the liver.
Sounds like gall bladder to me....I suffered from that,  bloating, along with  occasional nausea (which came on about 6 hours after eating).....There is a test for the gall bladder to see if it is functioning.  My gall bladder was "inflamed" and only functioning a small portion of what was normal....Won't hurt to get a checkup.....the liver is in that area as well, so you should check it out.  Removal of my gall bladder stopped the pain but I still do occasionally suffer from the nausea and bloating which I try to control with acidophiles, beano and Greek yogurt.  After the surgery there doesn't seem to be any food that upsets me too much except for lots of fat, like in rich desserts.
yes I would also say gall bladder ...ask for a hida scan ...good luck
you are right it sounds like her gallbladder and dont let the doc turn you away the same thing happen to me