General Health Community
Pain in the breast area

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Pain in the breast area

My daughter (10 years old) is complaining of pain in the left breast region, especially on touching  No such pain is there in the right breast region.  There is no perceptible swelling in the breast region.  She has normal growth and as of now there are no signs of puberty setting in.  Is a detailed examination necessary?  Who should be the specialist - paediatrician or gynaecologist?
pediactric care...its not any thing on top of the muscles or skeleton it is probably early signs of scholiosis or or some sort of musculo-skeletal chest wall pain...this could also be her breasts developing...yes a detailed exam should be in order to rule out anything serious...but i would say make an appointment with her pediatrician and he will figure it out...and best of luck if you have any questions ask away and keep me posted