General Health Community
Pain when inhaling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Pain when inhaling

I am currently 23 years old.  Since I was about 10 I noticed I would have short ‘episodes’ to where I would feel… for lack of better words, uncomfortable in my skin, like my skin was literally suffocating me.  Over the years, this stopped.  However, recently, maybe in the past month, month and a half, the episodes are returning.  Along with it, I now have a hard time breathing.  I constantly feel as though I need to take a deep breath, but for the most part I’m not able to do so.  I’ve also noticed that I always have the urge to burp, and when I do, it hurts (I guess in my sternum).  I don’t feel any pain anywhere else, except that area.  Does anyone know what this could be? Or what I can do to get it to stop?
Have you had a barium X-ray to check for a Hiatal Hernia?
It could be a mild to severe panic attack...the worst part is it can happen anytime anywhere even if your completely calm. I used to have the same problems until I started seeing a psychiatrist and he gve me a medication i forget what its called ive been off it for like a year but the only panic attacks i have now is when im actually panicked and I have coping skills for them
you may have a hienia hernia i dont think i spelled that right . or you may be having acid reflux try a prilosec it may take a wk but it should help . if that dont help try to go see a pulmonary specialist . this isnt something to play around with . I had a pulmonary embolism and I have a hernia . its best to get this checked out by a gastronologist or a pulmonary specialist
I hope you get to feeling better and I hope what I suggest helps if you try it.
i agree reflux  sounds like. i took rennie for burps.. also poss high cholestrol in arteries  .simple test kit and ask doctor for statins for high cholestrol if it shows high levels they helped me and i had exact symptoms ....x
also slept on pillow to lift shoulders for reflux to stop downhill in my tummy...