General Health Community
Painful Lump in lower left side of belly

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

I am 23 yrs old and around 20 pounds overweight. I have been having pain in my lower left side of my belly for a few weeks now. I can feel under my skin 2-3 very hard lumps that are painful when pushed or squeezed. I have lumps on the right side of my belly also but these do not bother me at all. I have also noticed that when I urinate, the lumps on the left side bother me. And now just recently I started feeling a new lump close to my groin area that is much smaller (about width of a pen) that shows up when i urinate, this lump also causes discomfort. The pain is not much for any of the lumps but it is just annoying. I would not like to live like this forvever. I have had an ultrasound done with no results. I am going back to see my Dr. this week. Even sitting down I feel discomfort coming from my lower left side. The lumps are cylindrical in shape. I was wondering if this could be a hernia that was missed with the ultrasound, some kind of STD, fatty pustules, or something else entirely. I don't think it could be an STD though because I had this several months ago in April but then it went away. I have only recently been sexually active. Thanks for your time.